Sunday, December 04, 2011

Color prints + first new oil paintings in over a year



First off:

Really cheap stuff over at my Etsy! Like, really cheap. If you don't believe me, go look & see.



These are most recent: test photolitho prints + watercolor.



And finished the color prints. Unfortunately, none of them were as on register as i wanted them to be.






The crap test prints were more on register with the key than the actual prints:




And now, the first two (oil) paintings i've made in over a year:


Both done for my medieval art history class (better than having to do a 7 page paper). Modernized Byzantine icons! Hippie Pantocrator & Social Networking Theotokos. Unfortunately, my artist statement was tyoed up at 3-3:30 a.m. & made no sense whatsoever. But people responded to them very positively, which surprised me. I was expecting at least one person to get mad about it & accuse me of something or other.

Mary was first, & Hippie Jesus was second.

No comments: